Monday, October 6, 2014

Stop Motion Animation-The Incredible Bouncing Gwee

This was a rather tricky assignment, especially as I actually had to start over a few times after my initial ideas didn't work out as planned.  Using my camera, a tripod, a pillow and a dragon plushie I named "Gwee", I created: "The Incredible Bouncing Gwee" gif.  My idea was to show Gwee jumping, doing a flip and then landing on the pillow.  I shot this on the floor of the living room in my house as it was largest space of empty floor in the house and the room with the best lighting.  I had to restart almost 3 times due to my parents closing the blinds.



For the settle, I lightly squished the pillow to show Gwee's weight pushing down on it as well as including a series of mini bounces to avoid the animation from looking too stiff as he "landed" as well as to give a slight trampoline effect for the pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment