Thursday, August 28, 2014

Mini-Portfolio

I originally was an Animation/Illustration major, but as of last semester I changed to Design Studies.  However, I still plan to find ways to apply animation to graphic design and to game design as well in the Game Dev Club and for future games I plan to make.   What drew me to animation and game design was thanks to fellow classmates as a child and Poke'mon.  When Poke'mon first came to the States, I thought this was the coolest thing ever, and I made it my business to know how cartoons were made.  The game that made me not only love to play games but also want to learn how to make them was Tales of Symphonia which was the first game I truly became invested in with the story and characters.  When I got my hands on RPG Maker, I was ecstatic, I had the chance to create my own world for others to explore, which I am currently in the process of doing.  In addition to RPG Maker, I'm also using Construct 2 to create mobile games for a local company called Rikoshe for their app.  Now, whenever I read a book or watch a movie or even see some ordinary task like shopping at Costco, I think "How can I make this into a game?"



Model of Flare Gun
Add caption

This was the final project I did for Ani 51a, which I modeled in Maya 2012.  This was one of the most time consuming projects I did as not only did I model the shape of the flare gun, but its internal parts as well as seen below:



Painting of an Orange

 I did this painting of an orange in Ani 113a as a homework assignment.  The media used here is cold pressed illustration board treated with gesso and acrylic paint.  As you can see lighting is one area where I need the most improvement.


Hand-drawn animation run and jump cycle


This was a hand drawn animation I did for Ani 112a.  The idea was to take three simple shapes and turn then into a character who had to run across the screen.  I had been playing Assassin's Creed at the time and I had the idea of my triangle character running across a roof to escape arrows. 


Digital Painting of a Dragon
And now, one last image just for fun.  This is a digital drawing I did for the Game Dev club in Photoshop.  This took me about 4 hours total for the coloring and shading with additional time for edits where I felt my dragon felt a little too flat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment